Transmission Jerks

93 Sentra. Automatic. Transmission jerks hard from first to second. Changed fluid. didn't help. Thanks for any help.
Reply to
Bill H

!995 Nissan Maxima GXE and 1992 Plymouth Voyageur

We wanted to take the kids out to the Sugar Bush, all got in the car, took off down the road, transmission shifts were very rough, almost like a bang. Went home, called the dealer, they said to bring it in on the monday but not to drive. Got in the Van, headed down the road, seemed like engine was not really starting out right, maybe even straining. Then I noticed it was stuck in second gear, which is default failstop mode of operation. Went home.

Monday I took the car to the Nissan dealer, worried about two vehicles both having serious transmission problems and the wife took the Van to the Chysler dealer.

Later that day, Nissan calls, problem was a burned resistor, cost, $28.00 and then the Chrysler dealer calls, corroded relay contacts, cost, free fix.

Hey, great luck eh?

rtt

Reply to
Richard Tomkins

Re the 1993 car which "jerks hard from first to second" stage in auto trans

I'm assuming that you've had the car awhile and it's only just started doing this ?????? as opposed to an old car you've just bought, with an unknown service/modifications history

The reason why I ask, is that Boy-Racer types sometimes fit "quick-change" kits to their hotrod type cars

I had a ride in a friend's car with such quickchange kit once many years ago

In theory the kit actually causes less wear and tear on the transmission and is better with higher horsepower eg hotted-up motors

In an old type 3 speed auto trans I remember one change (from 1 to 2 ?) was seemingly normal, ie, smooth, but the other (2 to 3 ?) was very rough indeed. rougher than even a learner driver with a manual gearshift

cheers

Reply to
Catherine Jemma

Reply to