looking for "fuse bridge"

Hi there,

I'm looking for a gadget that I'm not sure even exists. I want to build an ignition immobilizer for my 1988 Nissan 4x4 by using a relay and unused switch on my dash to turn the ignition on and off.

I figure the easiest way to open and close the ignition circuit is to plug the switch circuit into the fusebox in place of the ignition system fuse (with a fuse inline in the new circuit to maintain the protection). This has the advantage that if the switch or relay ever fails I can just unplug the gadget and plug a fuse into the fusebox and be back on the road.

Does anyone know of a supplier (preferably online) that sells a bridge that I could plug into the fuse socket? Lots of people sell fuse box power taps, but this isn't what I'm looking for - I'm looking for something that has the fuse-type connector on one end, but a pair of wires on the other end. The fuses are standard ATO spade fuses, like these:

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Geoff Glave Vancouver, Canada geoff A T glave D O T org

Reply to
Geoff Glave

Just use two crimp on male quick disconnects. You should be able to get them in any auto parts store (though if you want really good ones, get the Ancor marine grade with heat shrink).

Reply to
Chuck Tribolet