UK Navara Clutch Problems

I've started hearing reports that the new UK Navara has a weak clutch with reports that clutches are going after 20K miles. Owners are having to battle with Nissan to get it replaced under warranty with dealers/Nissan citing fair wear and tear. Any thoughts / opinions / experiences?

Reply to
Phil Jones

I took delivery of a new Nissan Navara in december 05 and had clutch failure at less than 4,900 miles which was replaced under warranty by the Nissan dealer. Now the clutch has failed again at just 7,470 miles. Less than 7,500 miles and two clutches ! I have a 93 Trooper ,with over 90k on the clock, which we use for the same purpose as the Navara i.e. towing, without continual clutch problems.

Reply to
cjwc