update: disengaging 4 WD

thanks to all for you replies . a simple downshift solved the problem . ( the only instructions under the visor refer to airbags ) Dick

Reply to
D.

on 11/6/2007 1:52 PM D. said the following:

Sorry, my 97 PU had the engaging/disengaging instructions under the visor. :-)

Reply to
willshak

My '91 Pathfinder has the instruction in the manual where it says to reverse (about three metres?) after going out of 4WD (I do it until I hear the click of disengagement). The manual also has a caution that the vehicle should be driven approximately 16 Km per month in 4WD to keep it in decent nick (that, and to operate the AC every month).

-- Andrew Chaplin SIT MIHI GLADIUS SICUT SANCTO MARTINO

Reply to
Andrew Chaplin