which obd2

on a 2009 nissan versa, which obd2 should i purchase to be able to read and reset codes?

also, will this obd2 be able to register a chip key for starting the engine? (seller only had one master key)

this versa has an issue with TPMS, dealer had to replace a leaking sensor, three weeks later the TPMS warning light came on while driving, dealer found nothing wrong and simply "reprogrammed" to turn the light off, a week later (now) the warning light came back on while driving (i'm wondering if the dealer had installed a defective sensor. does anyone here know if nissan's TPMS on a versa uses actual tire pressure or relative tire rotational speed? (i'm trying to understand the system enough to be able to talk intelligently with the service department on this issue). also, does the sensor inside the tire have only a RFID chip or does it have a battery to power a transmitter?

Reply to
nucleus

According to my Cube shop manual it has transmitters with batteries. You can download the manual here-

It is a 68.6 mb zippedPDF files. I am sure the TPMS is the same on the Versa as the cube. Asis the drive train. (according to my dealers service manager) BTW, If the light remains constantly on after starting the engine, the service manager told me to put 2 or 3 psi over the recommended amount in each tire and drive at a speed of 25 mph for 3 miles and then drive normally for 10 minutes. The light should go out if low pressure was the problem. The WT pdf file has the troubleshooting needed.

As far as the obd2 question I don't have a clue.

Reply to
Anyolmouse