96 Sentra: Question re: Having trouble using R 134a gauges on this car

I have a 96 Nissan Sentra GXE. I have had this car since its birth and never had need to work on the ac system. At the end of last summer, I noticed that it was blowing warm air and decided to postpone working on it until the Spring. Now that it is Spring....

I bought an R134a gauge set so that I could determine the high and low side pressures. My experience with this process is with the old R12 gauges. I bought the gauges from Harbor Freight online and found that they don't seem to work with my Nissan! The fittings on the Nissan are the "quick connect" type. My gauge has the "screw-on" type connection that the old R12 systems had. The "quick connect" part of this gauge is at the attachment of the hose to the "dials-gauge" body.

Does the Nissan have different ac connectors than other cars? If so, can I get an adaptor to make the gauges I now have to work on it? I would appreciate some suggestions.

Al

Reply to
Al Kondo

All the R-134 connectors are the same, quick connectors. You may be able to find the quick connectors for your threaded hoses.

Make sure you click > I have a 96 Nissan Sentra GXE. I have had this car since its birth

Reply to
AS

On a second thought, are u sure that the quick connectors in your gauges are not the ones you connect the hoses to for storage purposes?

The hoses usually connect to the gauges using the 1/2" ACME threads.

Good luck

Al K> I have a 96 Nissan Sentra GXE. I have had this car since its birth

Reply to
AS