Xterra Screeching!

Hello! I?m hoping someone can help me out. My 2003 Xterra makes a screeching, metallic scraping sound when I?m driving. It stops when I put it in park or when I am braking. Any advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks, C

Reply to
cgar919

on 9/18/2008 1:22 AM cgar919 said the following:

You didn't say where the noise was coming from. Front, rear, engine compartment, etc. I would start with the brakes. Perhaps a stone has gotten wedged between the disk and the dust shield on the back of the brakes, or the shield itself has been bent and rubbing against the disk.

Reply to
willshak