Yikes!

My 92 Sentra E 1.6 started missing, badly. Local auto shop said....needs Injector.

My mechanic said, "Phoooey", let's replace all the electronics pertaining to ignition.. plugs, condenser, rotor, wires,etc,( except for distributor too expensive for trial and error diagnosing)

He did, and it still banging on 3 bangers instead of four. Swapped plug cables...still missing on the same plug!

Mechanic conceded it needed an injector. I disagree, There's no or little spark from plug #3. What does the injector have to do with it????

I say it's the distributor. Any thoughts??

Thanks Mike Picture Rocks, AZ

Reply to
Mikie

I have to start with a disclaimer - I'm not familiar with your motor.

However, if it has a traditional distributor with rotor, and if all the parts you mentioned were replaced, I don't think you have a distributor problem. All the distributor does is spin the rotor and send the current to the proper cylinder. If the rotor and cap are new and the distributor is sending a spark to the other three cyls, it is highly unlikely that it is not sending it to the fourth.

Reply to
still just me