03 Altima with shifting problems..

Female driver needs help! I have a Nissan Altima 2003 that seems to want to redline when going from 2nd to 3rd gear. It starts out ok, but then you can feel it lose momentum and the RPM's skyrocket. It's an automatic, never had any real problems with it and just hit 55000 miles. I bought it new so everything that has been done to it I know about. Can anyone help me on this and give me suggestions as to why my baby doesn't want to shift properly? Much appreciated!!

Reply to
kpillifant

Take it in for service.

They should check the fluid level in the trannie, and also check for leaks while they are at it.

Be aware that the standard fix for a busted automatic trannie is to replace it. They should be able to find a decent used one, cost should not exceed $2000 or so for labour and parts.

kpillifant wrote:

Reply to
loewent via CarKB.com

get it to the dealership, the transmission is smoked

depending on the vehicles in service date and mileage you may get a new transmission for free.The vehicle has a 5 year 60k mile powertrain warranty.

Reply to
NissTech