07 cvt transmission

ok how is the new transmission holding up? seems like a good idea.

how do you owners like the way it drives? this use the same tranny fluid?

any problems?

i have a '98 and not any problems yet. 92 k and still on orginal tranny fluid.

Reply to
kneal44

OK so far after 6 months. It's very smooth. The secret is not to "punch" as one might be tempted to do. Be gentle and let it do its thing. A friend who owns a couple of Saturn dealers says he has heard of problems around 70K miles, but I don't know how much of that is competitive BS.

SV

" snipped-for-privacy@post.com" wrote:

Reply to
Stevey

The concept behind CVT transmissions has been around for decades, though it has never been commercially viable for mass production until now, as the costs are about 25% higher to build than a conventional transmission.

That being said, CVT transmissions that have been built prior to Nissan's use of the concept have show themselves to be more durable over time partly due to fewer moving parts. This is why Honda and Toyota will be following suit with Nissan and introducing similar-style transmissions over the next few months and years.

As for Saturn, I could possibly mention them being the Plastic Vega of the Nineties, but I wouldn't want to jump on a brand that doesn't sell any cars. As to how a Saturn dealer would know that a Nissan CVT with 70k on it has issues, when the CVT for that model has only been out one year (DAMN! Someone does some DRIVING!), I would say that jealous guesswork is not an attractive trait.

Hope this helps

North Plainfield Nissan

Bajori