1995 Nissan Altima-Please Help!

Hi, I have a 1995 Altima with 147,000 miles on it. About two weeks ago, it started shaking when I first turned it on and when I hit the gas pedal nothing happened, but the rpms were going crazy. Now, last week it wouldn't even start for me. It's sitting at the mechanics now, and they are not sure what is wrong with it. They say they are 50% sure it is a computer thing. Has anyone else had problems like this? I'm not sure if I should spend the money to fix it, (they say it will cost $1300.00)the car is not worth much anymore. Any help anyone has would be appreciated. Thank you!

Reply to
meli726

Hi I didn't quite understand your statement: When you hit the gas pedal, nothing happened yet the rmps ramped? Did the engine speed pick up or did the rpms just went crazy while the engine stayed the same?

I'd be very suspicious of a mechanic not knowing what is going yet he does know what he will charge you. "The computer" sounds like a nice catch all for them because it is expensive and they are pretty sure they can get the car running for $1300 - unless you _really_ trust this guy, I'd bring it elsewhere.

Perhaps try to define your problem a little better. Regards, Remco

Reply to
remcow

i know what's wrong with it...

im 95% sure ... from how many times ive dealth with it!

its your distributor.

its your DISTRIBUTOR, trust me! tell them, insist

Reply to
llcoolpass

I have a 93 Altima. I had the same issue with my Altima. I had to get a new distributor. The Nissan dealer was able to diagnose the issue.

Reply to
fberdan