Timing instructions for Nissan Altima 1995

I replaced the exhaust camshaft on my 1995 Nissan Altima GXE. I can not get it timed. Does anyone know where I can get timing instructions on this vehicle or if anyone knows how to time it. I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Reply to
infiniti1

what are you having problems with exactly? Are you sure your cam timing is good? The yellow/silver links in the timing chain should line up with the tooth on the cam pulley that is marked. Also make sure the engine is at TDC, cam lobes facing outwards (narrow part out) on Cylinder 1 (passenger side of engine).

I believe factory advance is 20degrees....

Let me know how you do! I am looking to take apart the timing assembly on my

93 altima soon, as it is making a bit of noise. The noise is now lower since I added some Lucas Oil treatment during my last change. I suspect that the secondary upper timing chain guide is still in place, cuz the upper one on the top is not present. The TSB for altimas says to remove both upper chain guides (NOT the tensioner though....)

Use the following as resources:

5618
8602&postid32541 t

Reply to