1997 Altima GXE - power loss to random items

Hi,

Automatic transmission, ~ 76K miles. I have lost power to the following items:

- 'headlights on' warning bell

- 'key in ignition' warning bell

- rear defog

- power locks

Note: power windows work and overhead light works (also when door is open.) Ignition/starting and cigarette lighter are also working fine. Dashboard lights and radio work.

We have checked all of the relays and fusible links, as well as the fuses for electronics located in the passenger cabin, and all of these are (as near as we can tell) intact.

Before I go to the shop, I wanted to see if anyone can think of anything else we can check and possibly fix ourselves. We have looked through the Haines manual and feel like we've checked everything that was mentioned there. It might be the circuit breaker behind the passenger cabin fuse panel, but we don't know how to reset it.

Thanks for any tips you can give.

Reply to
berger416

Hi

I have not had to deal with that breaker, but you could pull the breaker out and test for continuity.

Regards, Remco

Reply to
Remco

You should try and actually put new fuses in, the may be broken and just not noticable. Or switch the fuses with ones that you know work to make sure.

Reply to
bucksatan

maybe u have a voodoo error where some voltage spike killed a few things.

Reply to
llcoolpass