1997 altima knock sensor

I'm getting a knock sensor code when scanning. No other codes and the car runs fine. I found the location of the part but I don't think I'll be
able to remove it without major work that I don't want to get into at the present time. If I just connect a new sensor without installing it would it clear the trouble code. I know its half-assed but it would get me some time. Thanks.