1999 Altima Service Engine Soon Light

The "Service Engine Soon" light on the dashboard of my 1999 Altima came one about a month ago, stayed on for about a week, and then went off. Now it's back. The Owner's Manual is no help. One mechanic said not to pay any attention to it, and another mechanic said that I should just reset it, but he didn't know how. The car is running fine. Any suggestions?

Reply to
Annabelle99

Bring your car to an Autozone and have them plug the OBD-II scantool and find out what the code(s) are. Let us know what they are, we can work from there.

BTW, have you checked your gas cap?

Reply to
Eric F