2001 Altima

Hello everyone, I have a 2001 Altima with 130,000 miles. The last couple of time I fill up for gas, the service engine soon light comes on. I have checked the reading on the obd sensor and it codes for a bad O2 sensor. This has been replaced about 1 year ago by a bosch sensor. Once the computer is reset the check engine light does not come back on until I fill up my car again. Can the O2 sensor really go bad so quickly and does it have anything to do with the gas cap? Thanks!

Reply to
ajduselis

Vic A.

Are you sure is O2 sensor? or are you talking about CO2?

I hope your motor oil is not flooding above the High level, some oil could get into the combustion chamber and that oil could get burned going through the exhausted pipe where the sensor is watching for poor quality gas, that could very well be the cause of your CO2 sensor to go off, when this happened you will see "Check Engine" light coming up.

Sensor shouldn't go bad so quickly.

If it is flooded, then pump off your oil through the same hole where you check your oil. Go get a Wal-mart a hand pump to suck off some of your motor oil. Problem should go away.

Another test you should do, you should switch the pump station, to see if the problem will go away, if it did then maybe the other pump sold poor quality gasoline.

Good luck.

Reply to
Mike