2003 RECALL

Got a letter in the mail from Nissan stating that our 2003 2.5ltr Altima has a recall for problem of car cutting off without notice. Nissan wants to re-program the ECM.

Reply to
Sam

Quote from the letter:

Reson for the Recall: On some 2003 model year Nissan Altima and Sentra vehicles equipped with the 2.5 liter engine, there is a possibility that the engine might stop running while being driven due to an electrical problem between the crank angle sensor and the Electronic Control Module (engine computer). This may also result in the "Service Engine Soon" light coming on. If the engine stops running while driving, this could result in a crash without warning.

What Nissan Will Do: In order to prevent this incident from occurring, you Nissan dealer will reprogram the Electronic Controle Module. This free service should take about one hour to complete, but your Nissan dealer may require your vehicle for a longer period of time based upon their work schedule, or parts availability.

Reply to
Sam

just had the ECM re-program recall performed last week on my 03 Altima

2.5. Just had to take it BACK to Nissan, as the service engine soon light came on. The tech. at Nissan said this was common, and wouldn't take long to fix.

If you encounter the same issue, d> I also have the same recalls on my 2002 Altima. It was for the 02 & the 03

Reply to
godawgs1996

just had the ECM re-program recall performed last week on my 03 Altima

2.5. Just had to take it BACK to Nissan, as the service engine soon light came on. The tech. at Nissan said this was common, and wouldn't take long to fix.

If you encounter the same issue, d> I also have the same recalls on my 2002 Altima. It was for the 02 & the 03

Reply to
godawgs1996

So what was the explanation for the Service Engine Soon light coming on again AFTER they re-programmed the ECM? I hope they did not disconnect the bulb :)

Reply to
Sam