2004 Nissan Altima Bose Stereo is awful!

If you have a 2004 Altima contact 1-800-nissan1 and file a complaint about the stereo. If enough complaints are filed they will issue a recall to replace them. Now on to the issue!

The Bose stereo manufacturer on the 2004 was changed from Clarion to Panasonic (I think). The sound quality of the tuner in the 2004 is terrible! There are no highs at all and it sounds as if it is receiving a mono-signal. The CD player sounds fine with good quality. I recently upgraded from a 2002 2.5SL to the 2004 3.5SE. This was not a problem with the 2002 nor was it a problem with the 2003. I have had the dealer replace the head unit with the same model as factory installed and the problem remains.

Please, if you have a 2004 with the Bose Stereo file a complaint. Force Nissan to replace the poorly manufactured Panasonic stereo with the original one made by Clarion.

-R

Reply to
rjframes

BA snipped-for-privacy@thecox.net -------------------- I'm NOT Fat! I'm BIG Boned! -------------------- remove the to reply

Reply to
BA

From what I've learned from the Nissan Service Center is that the 2002 was made by Clarion. The 2002 SL that I had prior also sounded great. The 2004, from what I understand, is when they switched to panasonic. Do you have other information to contradict this claim by Nissan service? Any additional information would be very helpful.

Thanks

-R

Reply to
rjframes

BA snipped-for-privacy@thecox.net -------------------- I'm NOT Fat! I'm BIG Boned! -------------------- remove the to reply

Reply to
BA

Maybe. I'll check what's in mine. Whatever the difference, it is very noticable in the 2004. The CD sounds fine, the tuner is where it just sounds like someone is covering the speakers, kind of like a muffled sound. The 2002 I had was great, both tuner and CD. I don't know where to go next with this. Does anyone have any thoughts?

-R

Reply to
rjframes

Let me butt in here. My suggestion would be to take the car to a car sound shop where they have qualified audio techs. They are in the sound business, let them (at a price of course) check it out and let you know what they think.

I always believe in letting qualified people teach me something or help me. It saves me a lot of trouble in the long run.

Papa Ray

Reply to
Papa Ray