240SX - Power Window stuck 1/2 way down - SOS

I have 1993 Nissan 240SX. The power Window on the Passenger side is stuck

1/2 way. I have removed the passenger door cover and have full access to the cables/switches.

How can I diagnose where the problem is? Is there a manual override to pull the window to TOP position.

Replacing the motor is an expensive deal.

Thanks in advance,

Rath

Reply to
Rath.Yelandur

Download the 200SX RS13 manual from

's the same body shell as the 240SX so the door electrics should bethe same.

If the power door lock does not work too then suspect the power feed to the door or the overload circuit breaker - trips if the window jams.

Peter Hill

It's no longer available

Bill Schnakenberg

are you comfortable with mechanical abilities? if so, (assuming you have checked fuses, connections, etc.) you could check for power availability at connection nearest the motor. you could try applying a separate power source to motor. if motor responds, check related switches and wiring. if motor does not respond, you could remove the motor, disassemble it, checking for need of lube, worn parts, open winding, etc. if you are cash lean, try a used auto parts yard.

Reply to
okr

BAD SWITCH

Reply to
john smith

I had the same problem, but the dealer wanted $70 for the new switch. I took the switch apart and found a worn/melted pressure pad that presses the switch leaves. I super glued a .015 piece of Kraft paper to the top of the leaf on the worn side, cleaned the contacts, and fixed the problem, the window has been working fine for months.

"
Reply to
Johnboy