2K Altima GLE

I've had my Altima since Dec '99 and love it. She has around 115K on her now. For some reason it idles at 1000rpm. The idle is sometimes erratic (up and down like it wants to die. I expect it to idle higher when the A/C is on but not as the norm. Any ideas what it is? I replaced the Oxygen sensors and air filter but that didn't help. What about the EGR valve leaking or fuel pump going bad? I have never replaced the PCV valve cause I can't see it from under the car.

Reply to
JP33

I would check the EGR or PCV valves as you mentioned. If your "check engine" is not on, then it probably isn't any of the sensors, i.e. oxygen, knock, crank position, etc. I had a Saturn that exhibited the behavior you mentioned and it was the EGR valve. Good luck.

Reply to
Rickster

JP33,

did you ever find that altima PCV valve? i have never been able to find mine and still haven't replaced it.

any tips on the location or how to see it would be fantastic!

Reply to
louie80

I never found it. I did find my problem though. It was a bad intake manifold gasket.

Reply to
JP33