93 Master Power Switch - and taking the door panel off

Judging by the excellent posts by the various nissan techs and diy'ers in this forum (thank you, thank you, thank you! ;-) ) I think my master power switch is bad. Like a jacka*sz, I left my windows open one night during a driving rainstorm. (hey - at least I have the balls to admit it, haha). Now my rear windows go up and down by themselves. I ignored the problem for a while, and used the child safety lock. However, now the left rear window is *stuck* in the down position.

It makes a clicking noise when I hit the button to rollup/down the window, however I don't hear the motor sound. Is it possible that the defective master switch has gotten so bad that it can't do anything for this one window, or is something else up with this window (motor, regulator, etc.).

Another question - I don't suppose it would do any good to try and take the switch apart and clean the contacts and what not?

And finally one more thing - what I'll probably do if replacing the master power switch doesn't work is take the door panel off and manually slide the window up and disconnect the motor. If anyone has any web pages for do it yourself operations in this regard I would appreciate it. I'm kindof a newbie to car repairs, and this would be something totally new and foreign to me.

Thanks in advance, Bill

Reply to
Bill Laird