Civic Power window/locks problem

Hello

I purchased a used 1996 Civic EX and all the power windows and locks worked for sometime. Recently I noticed that none of the power windows nor locks worked from the Master Control Switch, except the Driver side Window. Mileage is arrprox. 87K.

Driver Side: Power window goes up and down. Master Power Lock not working

Passenger Front Side: Master control switch or Passenger side switch cannot operate the window up or down.

Driver Rear Side: Master control switch cannot operate the switch up or down. Passenger side switch can operate window up or down.

Passenger Rear Side: Master control switch cannot operate the switch up or down. Passenger side switch can operate window down and will not operate up. Window is currently stuck in down position.

I checked the fuses below the dashboard/steering and couldn't locate bad fuse controlling these operations.

Is this a Master control switch problem? What's the problem with Passenger Rear window. It is currently down and need to bring it up and lock it so i can utilize the car without worrying about parking anywhere.

Please advise.

Thanks to all in advance. SK

Reply to
SK

This sounds like the window lock button on the driver's master switch is engaged/broken. Its function is to disengage all the window controls except the driver's window. I would start with that and make sure it works. If that's not the problem, then start checking wires for breaks and compromised insulation where they bridge from the car body to the driver's door.

Reply to
E Meyer