Altima wont start...possibly fuel pump?

Alright I need some advice..Ive been having some random problems with my car not starting. It will try to go then kinda shake a bit and die in a few seconds. I looked in the spark plug wells and noticed an accumulation of oil all over the plugs and when i take the plugs out and clean them off the car will start fine. I figure maybe a leak through the valve cover gasket? So ive been driving it fine for a while waiting to fix it and it wont start again. Same thing but when i clean it out it still wont start. So i take it in to the shop and they say I need a new fuel pump, not getting the right mixture/pressure and a new fuel filter. Does this sound right? If its the pump how would it drive fine most the time and start up when i clean out the oil? Just trying to get a feel if this could the problem of not starting but once started running perfectly? I appreciate any help.

Reply to
JasonMc