Altima98 GXE - Cold engine problem

Hi, I have weird problem with my Altima98 GXE (automatic transmission) and wonder if someone has experienced something similar or can point what to look at.

The problem appears only in winter when the car stays few hours outdoors in cold weather (below 0 deg. Celsius). The engine starts easily, sounds well - engine service light is off, i.e. everything looks normal. Car starts moving without any problem but as soon as I release the accelerator for braking the engine starts to chop like it would have no power. Then I usually switch gear to Neutral to avoid stalling the engine and it comes back to normal rpm. As soon as engine warms up which takes 2-3 minutes the problem goes away. I already changed distributor cap, ignition cables, sparking plugs, air filter, fuel pump and transmission fluid. No effect :(

Any ideas what could cause this ? Current mileage is about 82 K.

Thanks.

Reply to
lmcbmai