Altima 99 Leak

Hi I have an Altima 99 GXE and it has an oil leak. I went to the dealer and he said that it was the cylinder head gasket and the timing belt head gasket. He charged me 1862.70 to fix the car. I don't want to put all that money into an old car so I'm not going to pay. However, I want to fix the problem on my own. Can anyone recommend a site to help me with this fix or any suggestions or ideas. I really want to keep this car, but I don't know exactly if I'm getting myself into trouble by attempting to fix this car. Thanks in advance for all the replies.

Reply to
progolfer1989

[...]

If I remember correctly the Haynes altima guide had a section on the cylinder head and its removal. You can also google search for KA24DE or altima cylinder head removal. If you create a profile on the Autozone site you can look at the chiltons manuals for your car.

Hope this helps. Remember, this is a fairly large task, and be careful with the timing gears and chains.

Reply to
bucksatan