leaking air conditioning

have 1998 nissan altima, the air is working but is leaking inside, on the passenger side can anyone help

Reply to
frankscy

Sounds like the evaporator. The evaporator in my 1994 Altima went bad and began to leak. I had it replaced by a mechanic for about $400 parts & labor. It requires taking the dashboard apart.

Good luck, Marc

Reply to
marc cooper

the evaporator drain tube is plugged with debris, the evaporator needs to be removed and the crap cleared from the drain.

Neglecting to do so will cause damage to the ECM (main engine computer = BIG BUCKS) if it gets wet, which it will if you do not get the problem fixed.

Reply to
NissTech