Oil Smoke

My son has a 1995 4cyl and sent an e-mail from college to say that the car is smoking and that there appears to be a crack in the "pipe from the oil reservoir to the engine".

Can someone tell me what this pipe is and if it should be a short distance?

Thanks Ron

Reply to
Ron Darr

The "oil reservoir" is directly under the engine, actually it is an oil pan mounted to the bottom of the engine. Maybe he is looking at the trans cooler lines leaking? There is a bulletin about trans cooler lines leaking and if they are, to replace the lines with OE parts and specified spring clamps, not screw clamps. Your dealer should be able to access the bulletin and get the right parts if that is the problem.

Reply to
Harry Balls