1990 Maxima - heater problem.

Getting very little heat out of the heater.

Flushed the heater core and appears to be OK.

Did quick bypass of the heater control valve on the firewall and am not getting any coolant flowing to the heater core.

Is there another valve somewhere.

Shop looked at it and said it was a problem in the control panel in the dash $500 + to fix.

Reply to
CH

You get enough air flow out of the vents?

You may have a blend door that's stuck shut that's keeping proper air flow from blowing across the heater core. If ya took the valve out of the loop you should have effectively put heated water through the core irrespective of what any lever on the dash is set to. It's merely a hose in and a hose out of the heater core after it passes thorough the firewall.

The heater core sits at an angle unparallel to the fire wall and angles such that you have to remove the box to slide it out of the blower cas.

Heebie Jeebie....Me

CH wrote:

Reply to
bosenose

Plugged/collapsed feed hose or return hose? Also could be air in system. There is a bleed screw on the cover with the V6-3000 on it. On top, right next to where the heater line comes out of that casting. That is the highest point in the system. Heater core location and orientation is such that system is hard to fill completely with fluid. Might also try removing hose at that point and investigating for obstructions in the casting. If, over a period of time, air has always been trapped in that area, there may be a build-up of crud enough to block the flow. Worth a shot taking a look. How is engine cooling overall? Does your water pump seem to be operating properly? Good luck. Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded
Reply to
BeeP

First off, if your temperature controls in the dash are operating correctly, then replace the coolant temperature sensor. It may not be sending the correct signal to the ECU which controls the fans and fuel mixture. Then, replace your thermostat. Lastly, make sure the heater hose valve on the firewall has the vacuum lines hooked up that controls the amount of coolant flow into the heater core. I did all these things to my 90 and it now heats properly.

Chris

Reply to
Chris H

Hi Chris,

did you have any problem with your radiator?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Chris H wrote:

--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ America Pacific Techno Networks URL:
Email: snipped-for-privacy@ampact.net snipped-for-privacy@cox.net ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hi Chris,

is it easy to flush the radiatior?

does the fan > No, I flushed my radiator and made sure the cap was able to hold the

--

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ America Pacific Techno Networks URL:
Email: snipped-for-privacy@ampact.net snipped-for-privacy@cox.net ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Reply to
ampactnet

Reply to
Maximum

No, I flushed my radiator and made sure the cap was able to hold the specified pressure.

">

Reply to
Chris H

Very easy. Disconnect the lower hose clamp.

Reply to
Chris H

I had a similar problem with my 1991 Maxima a couple of winters ago - the dashboard heater controls seemed to work only sometimes, and usually not at all. Dealer service recommended a new water pump. I thought he was crazy, and did nothing. After an overheating problem in bumper-to-bumper traffic the following summer I had the pump replaced, and the heater worked fine all the next winter. So the crazy dealer was right all along.

Reply to
Cliff Chinaski

Hi Chris,

is the lower hose connected to the radiator?

does the fan in the nissan maxima 90 start automatically to cool the engine when it get hot?

bye Chris,

sincerely dan,

ps: can you please reply to snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net or snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to