1991 Nissan Maxima Starting Problem

Hi, I have some strange starting problem with my car Nissan Maxima 91 model. I just took it to a car mechanic to fix it. But he couldn't figure out the solution for the problem. He said the fuel is injected perfectly and the sparker also working fine. He tested the system with an computing device which said everything is ok. It happened all of a sudden on the day of this new year. I started the car, drove it and stopped it. When I try to restart it again, it is not. I have to leave it for a while and then if I start, it starts for once. Then again same condition... leave it for a while and then restart. It runs perfectly when I drove it. I don't know what's going on? Have any one came across such problem. I would appreciate if someone could respond for this weird problem. Thanks, Mohideen.

Reply to
mdmohideen

Dead spot on starter motor? Bob

95 SE Auto 89 SE Auto traded

out the solution for the problem. He said the fuel is injected perfectly and the sparker also working fine. He tested the system with an computing device which said everything is ok.

the car, drove it and stopped it. When I try to restart it again, it is not. I have to leave it for a while and then if I start, it starts for once. Then again same condition... leave it for a while and then restart. It runs perfectly when I drove it.

problem. I would appreciate if someone could respond for this weird problem.

Reply to
BeeP

malfunctioning security system?

Reply to
Brian

If it's a dead spot on the starter, you can sometimes diagnose it by rocking the car back and forth and then trying to start the car. I had this happen, the rocking got it started to get it home, replaced the starter and haven't had any more problems (with it starting).

Reply to
Tim

Hi,

I have the exact same experience that tim described, in my 93 Maxima GXE with

121K. Sometimes it refuses to start. I rock the car back and forth a couple of times, and it starts like a dream, and the problem disappears for a few months. I've had it off and on since the last 8-9 months, but havent bothered to do anything about it. Now that I know its a dead spot on the starter, I'll look into getting it fixed. Thanks Tim, BeeP and mdmohideen.
Reply to
mehul