1994 Maxima Won't start than one day later it will

I have a 1994 Nissan Maxima. Three times now I have went out to the car to start it and it won't start. I can hear the fuel pump cycle. I will leave it alone and come back the next day and it will start fine. Anythoughts? Fuel injection system? No spark to the plugs?

Reply to
PM

If you do not hear the starter turn then it is often a switch inside of it. Typically for cars that old the starter needs to be replaced then. Sometimes you can get it to work with a hammer...

Cheers

robert

Reply to
Robert Klemme

Assuming the fuel pump starts and the starter motor is engaging but the engine is not starting, you might have an intermittent bad Engine Cont relay. It's the relay under the hood in the relay box on the drivers side fender. Open it up and tap on the Engine Cont relay. My 90 did the same thing, only it would quit dead while driving and would sometimes start right up, sometimes not. This is one of the 3rd gen Maxima's little gremlins we've all talked about here. Sounds like an ignition problem. Other gremlins are bad crank angle sensor, bad ignition module, bad MAF sensor and bad fuel pumps.

Chris

94 GXE, 06 SE

Reply to
Chris H

I've been had a 96 nissan maxima SE almost 10 yrs. The problem i got is the starter hasn't started when the weather below 40 degree C. Abose 40 is OK. I recently have just put the remote starter but with this problem I can't start in the winter time so i have to knwo why and solve it...but i don't know how!! ! Also, i have to push the gas pedal while starting it. Anyone knows why? I have read lot of bad thing about this issue but they are not relate to the issue that i have got. Please help me out if someone knows.

Thanks,

Tacoma

Reply to
tacoma

Pls define "won't start" more detailly to get more detailed answer...

If its VGE -engine, it has cracked distributor cap... replace cap wires plugs. Check

Fuel hose stiffens as/if/when pressure goes up. Does it?

Reply to
wiikinki

1st, clean your throttle body. It will do wonders for cold starts. 2nd, either replace your starter or re-grease it. On the 95-99 Maxima, the starter is very easy to get to.

Use this site, motorvate. Look in the engine section He's got excellent write-ups and pics on your Maxima;

CD

Reply to
codifus