1995 maxima hicupping at idle and when I drive?

Ive got a 95 SE automatic and it learned a new trick last week. At idle in drive or reverse it will hicup every once in awhile feeling for a second like it wants to stall but it doesnt. In park it can sit there at idle for hours and never hicupps. When I drive it hicupps as well. I run high octane fuel. Ive replaced the spark plugs and its the same. Replaced the MAF sensor and its the same. Ran techron fuel injector cleaner and its the same. I am leaning toward a bad coil for one of the cylinders or a faulty fuel pump. I am getting no codes. It is scary because it feels like its going to leave me stranded sooner or later(I kind of wish it would break so I would know the problem). Any ideas. The car has 195,000 miles. I did notice that when I looked down the holes where the spark plugs go that the tops of the cylinders?were kind of crudy/brown...anything I can do for that?? Thanks in advance for the help!! :)

Reply to
:

I would guess that it would not be a problem related to one cylinder but something that affects all cylinders. I doubt that you would be able to detect an itermittent single cylinder failure while you are driving.

How about some component which affects firing on all cylinders. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can suggest a component or components. Camshaft Position Sensor ?

Al Moodie.

Reply to
Al Moodie

Thanks for advice. I have run a 3m cleaner through the gas tank and will see if there are any changes in a couple of days. Im thinking fuelpump or coils...

Reply to
: