1998 Nissan Maxima MAP Sensor P0105

I have a 1998 Nissan Maxima that is reading P0105 on the diagnostic test performed by Auto Zone. It also reads that the Knock Sensor is out. Could one sensor caus the other to read a malfunction. The Auto Zone dealer also stated that I needed 2 MAP Sensors, however, I've been told that the car only has 1 MAP Sensor.

Reply to
dexs1

I have a 1998 Nissan Maxima that is reading P0105 on the diagnostic test performed by Auto Zone. It also reads that the Knock Sensor is out. Could one sensor caus the other to read a malfunction. The Auto Zone dealer also stated that I needed 2 MAP Sensors, however, I've been told that the car only has 1 MAP Sensor.

Reply to
dexs1

Ignore the knock sensor for now. Replace the MAP sensor and have it reset. If the KS code comes back then replace it. The KS won't turn on the CEL by itself, but it will cost you MPG and performance.

Reply to
JimV

...Auto Zone dealer also stated that ... Their statements are often beyond chihihiltons comic books. "Test everything, keep only what is good." (=First and foremost THE Biblical statement, copied w/o rights to so called Scientific Method)

Read about MAP yorself, find the info via clic clic

Wiikinki