2000 I30 Blower Motor

It looks like the blower motor on my 2000 I30 (65K miles) is dead. I get heat/cold air coming out but just a bit because the blower motor is dead silent - doesn't blow any air. All the controls seem to indicate that the fan is at maximum speed but almost no air is coming out. i checked the connector to the motor and it's pretty tight. Is there a fuse for the blower motor? Anything else I could check for?

Reply to
Steve B.

Have you ever changed the A/C filter?

Reply to
E. Meyer

It truns out it was neither of the things you describe. A light tap on the motor by the mechanic made it come to live. Anyone can explain what's the magic here? The mechanic couldn't and said: "It just happens." I watched him all the time and all he did was to tap..

Reply to
Steve B.

Reply to
john smith

the blower stop working at low and med settings but only works on hi does any body know why is doing this

Reply to
fastdad

does any body know why the blower works on hi (4) and not work on low or med setting (123)is the switch bad or something else that controls the settings

Reply to
fastdad

This body knows why is doing this.

The resistors (often resistance wire coils) have opened. Common problem.

In many cars the resistors are in the duct near the passenger's feet. Replace it or if you are trying to save money and have the tools and time and ability, replace the resistors.

I've not replaced > the blower stop working at low and med settings but only works on hi does

-- Address is NOT monitored due to SPAM volume from newsgroups. DO NOT REPLY to post directly.

Reply to
DO NOT REPLY to this ADDRESS

Resistor assy. In the plenum behind the glove box.

Reply to
JimV

Reply to
john smith