2000 I30 Heater/A/C

When I turn on the heater or A/C(either by pushing "Auto" or regulating the fan speed manually), I hear some chirpping sound (almost like birds chirpping) coming from under the dash. This sound is in addition to the regular blowing sound coming from the heater. It doesn't matter how high the fan is set, the sound is pretty much the same and it goes away once the heater/A/C is turned off. So I think it is pretty much coming from the fan. Except for this weird sound, my A/C and heater work fine.

First, what is that fan called? Is that the blower motor? Second, is it really my problem? Can I get to it somehow and may be clean the blades (if any) or something?

Reply to
soccerman

Welcome to the club! I have posed this very same question to this newsgroup quite some time ago. Apparently this is a common problem with the Max and there is a TSB out on it. Nissan says to install some sort of sound insulation, but this seems like a band-aid approach to me. I believe that the correct fix is to install a new blower motor. According to another member of this newsgroup the operation isn't too difficult. I just haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

To cope in the meantime, try doing what I do. Put a CD in your Bose player and crank up the volume! ;-)

snipped-for-privacy@mailandnews.com wrote:

regulating

coming

blades

Reply to
feynmanfan88

Anyone knows what exactly does the TSB say? How do I insulate the blower motor? How do I take it out in 2000 I30?

Reply to
Steve B.

Reply to
John Smith

Try looking for it on here:

Dave Stone

Anyone has the actual text of this TSB with pictures in pdf or any other format?

Reply to
Steve B.

Try this:

JimV