problem with 2000 maxima

I changed transmisson oil cleaned out the pan and changed the filter. but the transmisson still skips. there were no metal particals in my oil when i drained so the trans is no broken. what would u suggest i do next? i was told by a friend it might be the timeing belt??

Reply to
lillou771

Transmissions die not only because metal or dirt in the oil. It is common to see lip seals and o-rings get worn out, allowing the oil pressure to leak internally thus, causing problems as yours.

I doubt the problem is with a control solenoid.

Good luck.

lillou771 wrote:

Reply to
AS

I think it's time to take it to a professional. Changing oil rarely fixes any problems and the lack of metal particles doesn't mean it hasn't failed internally.

Reply to
JimV