2003 Maxima - Shakes at 50 and above

I have a 2003 Maxima, and I had a terrible shaking at 50mph and above today. I checked to see if I had any visible issues, and found nothing. The weather was very cold this weekend, and maybe that has something to do with this. It seemed to get better as 30 minutes after driving. Does anybody know of any issues with this?

Reply to
akehurstd

If you didn't notice it until it got very cold outside, it may be tire flat spotting which is very common with lower profile performance tires. I have the same problem with my TL until the tire warms up after a few miles. Some brands flat spot more than others. Make sure your tires are at the recommended pressure (and always check them when their cold).

Reply to
Dan

Also, take your car to one of those power-wash places and flush out the back of the wheel well (spend at least a minute or so on each one to make sure you've melted everything). Ice builds up back there (with any car, really) and causes what you describe. I had this problem with my 03 Max once or twice last winter.

Reply to
Rich

Better yet, move south, so you don't have to put up with this crap!

Reply to
Pooty Lizard