89 maxima climat control display

I have a problem with my climate conrol system on my 1989 maxima wher the display is intermittant. When I start the car the display is OK, but dims to unreadable after a few minutes. Turning the CC off and on again makes no difference. However stopping the motor and restarting usually brings the display back.

Reply to
Telus newsgroup

Common problem. You have 3 options.

Send it to an electronics shop to resolder the cold solder joints on the power connections to the display and/or the capacitors on it's main board.

Get a new replacement clock from Nissan (approx $200 last I heard)

Or live with it...and give it a tap when it goes out.

Stephen Narayan | IASCA Pro Street 1-600 | IASCA Certified Judge 2003 Audio Perfection | snipped-for-privacy@sympatico.ca No System.....yup that's right. Why not check out my car audio museum :)

Stephen Narayan