93 Max GXE, Automatic Transmission fluid change

My girlfriend's 93 Max has 160,000 km on it (about 100,000 Miles). She bought it used and we don't know when or if the transmission fluid was ever changed, so we're thinking it would be a good idea to do it. I've always had manual transmissions, so this job will be a first for me. Question: Is there anything more to this job than simply draining the old fluid and refilling it to the correct level with new fluid? Is there a filter at all, and does it need to be changed when changing the fluid?

Thanks, David

Reply to
db

Richard