93 maxima power steering pump disaster

Ok i have posted here before but now im really at my wits end. i have a 1993 maxima and in the past 3 years have replaced 3 alternators 3 water pumps and now it looks like im going to mb eon my 4th power steering pump. they alwasy seem to fail jsut out of warranty. i jsut replaced the high pressure power steering pump hose since it developed a leak right on the top by the windshield. The window motor in the drivers door is actuating every few seconds so i had to disconnect the winows so it doesnt drain the battery, and the lower ball joint on the drivers side is going bad. I have already replaced the passengers side ball joint and the cv joints. this car is really getting to me. any suggestions? I have guns......

Reply to
phillipjackson

Where are you getting these alternators and water pumps? The aftermarket ones from the local chain parts store usually do not last. Get the next ones from Nissan and they should hold up better.

Check the switch on the door for the window. Has it gotten wet recently? If the switch is still good, look for a pinched wire, probably where the bundle crosses from the door to the car, also check that the ground connection is good.

Ball joints fail from mileage and lots of pot holes. How many miles on this car? The hoses (actually, all the rubber things) are going to be deteriorating on a car this old - nothing to do but replace them. These things are normal wear and tear items as a car ages. If you replace them with OEM parts, you still will be back on the road for less out of pocket than it would cost to replace the car and the replacements should last as long as the originals.

Reply to
E Meyer

== Lets face it at 13 years your Max is getting a little old how many miles on this Auto? Where are you buying the parts that keep failing? You'r having real bad luck keeping this Max going. Oh yes shooting you'r Max might be a good idea try not to shoot anyone else by mistake.

Reply to
Shines

I have been taking to a very "reputable" mechanic apparently. actually the odometer stopped working at 128k so i figure there are about 200k on the car. i think ill just trade it in. i need a more reliable auto anyway.... and the parts that actually lasted are lifetime parts from NAPA so keep that in mind.

Reply to
phillipjackson

Why are the pumps and alternators failing? Poor quality?

Are the belts too tight?

I use only original Nissan parts and with my 94 Max do not have a fraction of the problems you have (knocking on wood).

Good luck!

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Reply to
AS

You can sell it to me if you like

I'll give you a grand for it right now, no questions asked

Reply to
NissTech