Nissan Fraud. Regular gas

Take the car back and have it tuned properly. If the manual says regular it should run on regular. None of this bullshit.

Reply to
Whatchamacallit

The manual cleary says Premium, the gas cap says Premium, all the reveiws of this car say premium,,, Nissan is hiding nothing,,, The maxima has always run on Premium. The engine is optimized to use Premium.

The manual says the car will run on Reg for short periods of time if premium is not available.

Please list the High Performance Engines that run on regular,,,,???

Pre ignition damage to the engine is not covered under the warrantee,,,that is considered abuse.

Unbielvable,,somebody buys a $30,000 car, and bitchs about spending an extra $100 a year on gas,,,??????????????????

I he wanted to save money on gas, he should have bought a Sentra.

and as another poster noted, its go>Take the car back and have it tuned properly. If the manual says regular it

Reply to
AZV14

=== I was in a station today and they had only 87 in all pumps. Since I was driving my Kia Sorento it was not a problem. But what will I do about my 98 Maxse when gas is needed?

Reply to
Shines

Where was that (out of curiosity)?

Reply to
JimV

Go to different station,,?

Drive the Kia,,,???

"Sh>

Reply to
AZV14
1 ) pump 89, 2) go inside and buy some octane boost additive. 3) drive off

Reply to
astro

1) pump 87 2) Go inside and buy octane boost fuel additive 3) drive off
Reply to
astro

Fill it with 87. What's the issue here? It won't perform its best, and it may ping more, but it will work.

Just . . .

DONT expect the best performance DONT expect better gas mileage DONT expect a quiet, smooth ride, etc etc.

87 will work, but Maximas prefer premium.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

One tank of 87 won't kill the car. I just wouldn't do more than a couple a year, and NEVER consecutively. Try to use octane booster as well, and also try not to do it on an empty tank.

Reply to
Rich

=== Well around my crime infested cowtown getting away from you'r Auto or Truck just to pump gas puts you in harms way. Going inside the store really lays you open to attack. I don't wish to have to draw my XD-45 and waste some attacking jerk. But I sure would do it in a heartbeat if I felt threatened. I just get some injecter cleaner from a local Wally World and keep looking over my shoulder and hope for the best with what ever gas I can find.

Reply to
Shines

I owned a 2004 Maxima for almost 2 years and always use 87 octane. Never had a problem. I did try 89 once to see if it made any gas mileage or performance difference, it did not. So if it runs on 87 without pinging, use 87.

Reply to
Carroll Boardway

Garbage. I have burned plenty of 87 in my 2005 and it NEVER pings. I have tried a comparison of regular and premium on several long trips. The car does perform better as well as gets a bit better gas mileage with premium. The thing is, the cost per mile is about the same. I get more miles with premuim but it costs more. Actually, it sometimes cost quite a bit more as I tend to step on it more when it has premium in it and the mileage goes way down.

Reply to
No One

As I have said, I drive my Maxima fairly hard and it uses 87 with NO ping...EVER.

Reply to
No One

more than often,,,the reg you buy is actually premium,,,

it only cost a few cents a gallon to make the reg stock feed into premium,,at the tank farm.

often, its not worth the cost to send 2 shipments, or use a divided truck, to the station, or they have extra premium that they didnt sell.

That said,,the octane rating is a guaranteed "minimum"....

and if you blow up your maximas eng>Rich wrote:

Reply to
AZV14

Reply to
AZV14

You probably never pushed it hard enough to tell the difference. Running on 87 will cause the timing to retard, especially in hot weather.

Reply to
JimV

Modern cars shouldn't ping, because the knock sensor and electronics will adjust the ignition timing. I've used both premium and regular in my Max and I can't tell the difference. Maybe it makes a few tenths of a second difference in 0-60 or 1/4 mile times, but who gives a rats ass. With all the traffic on the roads today, you very seldom get a chance to open it up, anyway. Check out your average speed on the trip computer and see how slow you are really travelling.

Reply to
Stu Gotz

Hey, I agree with you ;)

Reply to
No One

Not at all but you seem very thick.

Reply to
No One

Premium is made at the local Tank Farm, and only costs a few cents a gallon to make - all they do is add additional antiknock additives to the reg stock fuel.

Often its not worth the expense to send out a divided truck, or seperate trucks, so they just get all Premium. Sometimes they have excess premium and are low on reg, so they transfer the premium to the reg tank.

Thing is you never know - people claiming there maxima runs fine on Reg gas, are most likely not actually buying regular gas.

However it only take a few occurances of severe pre ignition to damage the engine, so for maybe extre 100 bucks a year for Premium its not worth the risk.

"Rich" wrote:

Reply to
AZV14