95 maxima

I haven't checked the archives, but does anyone have experience with the crankshaft sensor - in particular, I have been informed by Nissan, that to get a proper engine ground, they will have to drop the transmission, and clean the rust off the connecting plate, at a cost of $500 or so........I'm a little suspicious on this one............surely there must be a better way off getting the engine grounded - my problem has been hard starting -both hot and cold................thks for any input..........wab

Reply to
wabbit

it all depends on which code you are getting

crank position sensor reference or crank position phase.

which one is it ?

I'll bet it is phase......

am I right ?

Reply to
NissTech

not sure my reply got back to u.........there were three codes, one being the crankshaft sensor ref, the others, atm comm, and knock sensor, and the previous week, they replaced the coolant sensor... ............the oxygen sensor also came up on last weeks DTC reading..........would appreciate any thoughts u might have on the subject........wabbit

starting -both

Reply to
wabbit