'96 Maxima Hard Start

My '96 Maxima GXE, 190K miles, is occationally taking two to three times to start. It sometimes stumbles after starting before smoothing out. Is is not idling as smoothly as in the past.

I keep it serviced per the owners manual. The starter was replaced a couple of years ago and the fuel system was cleaned within the last year.

1) What could the problem be?

2) Should I take it to a Nissan dealer for service of this probem or could Firestone or an independent mechanic get it running smoothly again?

Other than this problem, the car has been great! I plan to drive it to 300K miles.

Thanks,

Ed

Reply to
Ed Smith

Temp sensor for the fuel injection could be corroded/faulty.

Reply to
Steve T

Have you cleaned the throttle body? I just did this last night on my '99 Max with 141,300. It has helped with the idle and low speed performance. Its easy to do and the spray only cost $3 at Advance Auto.

Once you do it you should notice a difference.

Reply to
Racer X