97 Maxima GLE Power Antenna

I'm attempting to replace the power antenna mast only, the motor is fine. A while back, 3 of the 4 telescopic sections complete with the nylon geared cable ejected and simply came right out leaving the final 4th piece in the sleeve. The nylon cable seems to be fine, no breaks, so I reinsert the cable and the 3 piece mast and had a second person control the radio. The nylon cable got picked up by the motor and pulled the 3 sections in just fine however when the radio is turned on the complete ejection is repeated. We decided to replace the old mast and gear cable. I have removed the cap with the 2 pin holes and pulled the remaining 4th telescopic piece approx.

8 inches out and that is where I'm stuck. The 4th section refuses to come out. I have applied a fair amount of upward pressure to the final section but it won't budge. I do not want to twist or pull the plastic insert piece as I am concerned that I may damage it and I'm not sure if this is the same piece that is on the replacement antenna. Does anyone have an idea on how to get this final section out.

T.I.A.

Brad

Reply to
Brad

If you have the cap off, it should come out. I'm guessing its bent and jammed in there. Nothing to do but take off the plastic cowling piece as wekk and pull harder. Check the cap for damage on the inside edge before you reuse it. I've lost one mast because the edge of the cap was worn and the mast pushed right out past it.

Reply to
E Meyer