97 Maxima: Help finding a brake part.

Hello all,

I have a 97 Maxima. I replaced the rear brake pads two years ago. Last Friday I was greeted with an ear splitting squeal on the way to work. I determined that it was a brake pad wear indicator on the back right wheel. I was confused as how I could have burnt through brakes that quick.

On removing the pads, I discovered all we ok except the inside pad on the right side. The corner was worn off almost to the metal.

It turns out that the caliper slider pin was jammed up with rust. I got the pin lose and clean everything real well, lubed it up and stuck it back in. The problem? That pin is supposed to have a rubber boot on it to keep the lube in and the junk out. I've checked everywhere and no one has this part. They have the pin set, but no boot. Nissan told me it comes with a replacement caliper.

SO: Does anyone know where I can get that boot?

Thanks, Fred 183,000 miles and still going strong.

Reply to
Fred Wilson

Fred - I *might* have a spare boot or two at home that you can have - I can put them in the mail for you - email me your mailing address: njmodi at yahoo dot com.

Or if you don't trust me ;), here you go:

Part # H16013

Cheers, Nirav

96 Max GLE, 139k
Reply to