97 SE (STD)OBDII system reports "Not Ready"

I have a 97 Maxima SE (STD). The OBDII system reports "Not Ready". Even after initiating the manual's Readiness For Inspection/Maintenance (I/M) Test Process. Are there any recalls for my car that address this?

JC

Reply to
Jcalard

Just do a search at this site.

RoadofResistance

Has it been recently reset?

Reply to
JimV

Yes, four weeks ago but I followed the Manuals process to move out of the "Not Ready" state. JC

Reply to
Jcalard

Did you reset it yourself via the screw-method on the ECU?

If yes, perhaps, you didn't reset the screw in it's proper state (all the way until it stops in the counter-clockwise direction).

Nirav

Reply to
njmodi

I have similar problem, after repairing and resetting the ECU all monitors eventually reached the ready state, except the EGR monitor. The problem that was repaired was the EGR system, the EGR passage was plugged up. All EGR components tested ok only the Egr passage was blocked.

Reply to
TravNo9

T> I have similar problem, after repairing and resetting the ECU all T> monitors T> eventually reached the ready state, except the EGR monitor. The T> problem that T> was repaired was the EGR system, the EGR passage was plugged up. T> All EGR components tested ok only the Egr passage was blocked.

I checked the ecu again with my code reader and now the Egr monitor is ready. No codes This took a lot of miles and trips.

Reply to
TravNo9

This is JC - Borrowed an OBDII and was getting not ready. Brought the car to the Dealer & he said they didn't find anything wrong and passed my emission inspection. When I rechecked the OBDII, I also couldn't find any problems. Its interesting that things got sorted out after hitting the dealer. Cost me $69 for service & inspection and I was happy. The End JC

Reply to
Jcalard