Have my eye on a 2001 SE or a 2003 LE Pathfinder

Would like to know how these Suv's are. I would like to know how the gas mileage would be. They are both V-6, the 2001 has 24,000 miles and the 2003 has 58,000 miles on. Would anyone recommend one over the other. The 2003 is fully loaded but has a lot of miles. The difference in price is only about two thousand dollars.

Thanks Jerry

Reply to
Gerald J Nederostek

They are excellent vehicles that will go 200K with good maintenance. They however no econo boxes. Expect 14-18 MPG and they want premium.

Reply to
JimV

I'm very happy with my '01 QX4, which isn't much more than an LE. It is my 4th Path/QX4 in about 12 years. They do many things well; they tow pretty well, have a good ride, don't look too bad compared to other SUVs, don't break often, and have a good 4WD system. But gas mileage in the city is always about 14.5 for me. I think I got 20 on the highway once; 18 or 19 is more likely. My two Pathfinders had manual transmissions, and gas mileage was 17 city and 21 highway.

Reply to
ppointer

I bought a 2001 Pathfinder SE last spring w/99,000 miles on it, but it is in excellent shape and I figure it is good for many more miles, since I also have a 95 Maxima SE purchased May 94. I hadn't even thought of Nissan when looking for a replacement for my old Ford F150 4x4 until I stumbled on recommendation of Pathfinder as a good used vehicle in an old Consumer Reports annual. I do not think there is any signficant difference 2001 through 2004 models (2000 & earlier had less hp).

Reply to
David Efflandt