'98 Maxima engine codes

I'm getting two codes from my "Service Engine Soon" dummy light:

5-long + 9-short, and 1-long + 15-short. The second one checks out (lean fuel inj.), whereas the 5L-9SH doesn't. Has anyone ever seen this? I did double-check the codes BTW.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I'm suspecting exhaust issues.

Thanks,

RF

Reply to
dvaoa

0509 is an upstream left bank O2 sensor high voltage fault. That's most likely a bad O2 sensor or harness problem. 0115, as you know, is a lean condition on the right bank. That could be caused by anything ranging from an air leak (intake or exhaust) to a bad MAF or O2 sensor.
Reply to
Dan

Thanks Dan.

-RF

Reply to
dvaoa

Since both codes are related, keep in mind that fixing one of the problems may make both codes go away. In other wors, fix the O2 sensor or harness and watch all the codes disappear.

CD

Reply to
Codifus