"Air Bag" light blinking, 95 Maxima

Dear Group:

For no apparent reason, the "Air Bag" LED starts blinking on the dash when the car is running (91K miles). Does that mean a trip to dealer ($$$) to repair it?

Thanks for advice.

from Henry (CA)

Reply to
Henry Chen

See the FAQs on

JimV

Reply to
john smith

My '95 did that a couple of years ago, and my first thought was $$$ too!

I cleared the alarm and everything was fine. From page BF-63, Trouble Diagnoses - Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) of Maxima Service Manual:

"Within 7 seconds after ignition key is turned "ON", press the driver's door switch at least five times."

It took me several tries to get the five presses done in time, but it solved the problem.

Roby

Reply to
Roby

Thank you very much for the advice, Roby.

Reply to
Henry Chen