Air Cond Compressor Noise

Nissan Max 2001

50K Miles

Hi,

My Max has developed a low pitched 'whurrrr' type noise coming from the air conditioning compressor. The unit cools as well as it ever has - very well. I took the Max to the local Nissan dealer here in Dallas to have it looked at. They told me that, yes, they can hear the noise from the compressor, but they can't do anything until the unit stops cooling. Does this sound right? My guess is that the bearings in the compressor are going bad - but I'm no expert.

How would you suggest I proceed with this situation? You're input appreciated.

Thanks, Patrick

PS: I have an extended warrantee which lasts for another 25K miles - but only 2 months left time wise.

Reply to
pfanelli