ATTN: warning about Stillen / Steve Millen Sportparts

Cha-ching, cha-ching... I wonder if Stillen hears the $$$$ stacking up.

Bob

Reply to
'nuther Bob

I've been entirely too busy lately and haven't been reading usenet. Coincidentally, just today I decided to look into finally modding & upgrading my (now out of warranty) '00 Sentra SE. I was actually looking into these two parts when, during my research, I stumbled upon this thread:

If this is some elaborate troll then bravo to the original poster & his minions. Conversely, if this is a representative slice of Stillen's 'customer service' then I think I'll be looking elsewhere for my exhaust & intake. Maybe I'll place a call to them tomorrow AM and see how things go.

McGarrett

Reply to
McGarrett

Check out the Order Information, Returns and Exchanges policy on the Stillen Web Site.

"We reserve the right to grant or refuse R.A. requests at our discretion."

This doesen't sound like a business I would deal with!

Reply to
Philip Michael Knocklein

Sorry to hear about your problems with Stillen. Here are several email addresses and phone numbers that I was able to dig up out on the WWW

Regards, Phil

Steve Millen snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com Steve Millen snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com Steve Millen snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com

David Scholum snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com

Adam Hume snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com PH: 714-540-9154 X138 800-576-2134 X138 Fax: 714-540-1826 Adam Hume snipped-for-privacy@fea.net

Bill Claytor snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com Alex Cates snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com Edward Sanchez snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com Donald Weberg snipped-for-privacy@Stillen.com PH: 714-540-5566 x156

snipped-for-privacy@Stillen.com snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com snipped-for-privacy@stillen.com

Reply to
Philip Michael Knocklein

Lots of luck, I tried because like this other fellow I was interested to see if this was just a troll or had some basis in fact. I can say with all honesty I have NO clue what Stillen's policy on returns is because they wouldn't tell me. If anyone else has a diffrent experence then my self, by all means share.

Reply to
matt zukowski

Thanks for the warning! I will not be doing business with Stillen. It seems they want you to go away than fix an oops! James

Reply to
Jay

I'll never deal with Stillen after hearing that.

Reply to
John Cryder
Reply to
John Cryder

I'm not sure if you can actually dispite charges for shiping that you authorized. That's rather the point I believe. Near as I'm aware there is no law that requires merchants to ship freely. You can try, but chances are you will fail.

I think more to the point is that this company is fully aware of this fact, and requires the end user to pay them for a shipping tag rather then allowing the customer to ship defective goods via their own carrier. While I don't have all the facts in this case, as in I don't actually know the weight of the items in question, the rates quoted for shipping seemed inexcess of reasonable UPS shipping, and inexcess of what they typicaly charged for shipping of similar goods on their website. I suspect they are adding in some serious handling fees to recieve defective goods. While I don't feel this practice is illegal, I do believe it's sleezy.

While there was some dispite as to what some users in this newsgoup expect from a merchant as far as dealing with defective goods, there seems to be agreement that paying handling feels on top of actual shipping charges is in bad form.

Reply to
matt zukowski

You're not alone:

Capstick